Thursday 13 December 2018

Preparing for the Placement

In preparation for the stall and placement, my goal was to come up with stock that I was happy represented my style and also fit in to the commercial market and also with the other work in the shop. The prints made were mainly women or drag queens, which I think is true to what I want to portray with my art. I could so use some work I had previously made for Uni briefs.







 To expand my stock I looked into making things like stickers, pins, buttons and T-shirts. Even using themes like Halloween to sell for special events and holidays.


In preparation for having the stall as well, I advertised it on social media, hoping to bring in more customers and raise awareness.


This worked out quite well as I gained followers and people seemed interested in the types of things I would be selling. As well as social media, I tried to find ways of presenting myself as a professional illustrator, and to do that I created business cards, website and updated my online shop. So that if people were interested in my work in the shop, I would have an online presence that would go along with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting the Exhibition

Overall I am happy with how the event turned out. I'm proud of what we accomplished in just three weeks as a group, and although there w...